After discussing nature and the countryside with Kathleen, she mentioned that I could explore the countryside with walkers to get to know the area I would possibly be filming.
While I was in a rut about ideas, I suddenly wondered whether I could make a documentary on just that. Walking.
Ramblers are passionate about the countryside, and I felt that this could be an interesting subject to explore as I could interview them on why they love the countryside, whether they feel that nature is a healing experience. Anything to do with how they experience nature really.
I thought it would be interesting but also simple, as ultimately, I want a documentary. And anything can be interesting if you make it interesting, so I thought it would be something fun to do.
It would be either a more conventional documentary where I interview them in settings and accompany with related shots, or I go the more experimental route and use their voices with shots of them, but a lot of shots of the nature they are exploring and how they communicate with it.