During early August, I was approached by Al asking if i would like to work as cinematographer on his film.


The film centred around a little girl on a plane wondering whether the world was just a set up, actors, people rehearsing lines etc. I was interested, but when he first approached me, most of the film was animated so i had my doubts as to how much input i could have. I still really liked the idea though.

He told me to focus on the lighting for the plane scenes so i decided to create a moodboard & tests with my redhead. We wanted to test colours so i focused on yellows and blues, as i didn't have many colours for gels myself. 

Untitled
cabin fever
The Traveler
Sky 157 - Snooze
Pensée céleste
244/365
Vuelo nocturno


Low light - focusing on one side of the face. A few lights surrounding but very low, from tvs or smart phones etc. Using this to our advantage during tracking shot. Need to focus on how the light shines into the subject, and also how i am going to frame everything to compliment my lighting decisions. 
I will watch some film noir films because i think that's where the best low light dramatic effects are present. 
Also need to do some lighting tests in low light to think how i can achieve my effects. 
I need to plan a storyboard & think about what kind of shots i want. 
I need to think about film language & composition in greater depth.