Since I'm in a never ending creative rut, I thought i would just put lots of different things that inspire me together so that I can hopefully gain some themes.

Music/ Music Videos
I feel quite inspired by music on a daily basis. I love just listening to music in my room & staring out of the window getting lost. I also love watching the weather & the clouds while I get lost. I think this is why a lot of inspiring music to me is quite mellow, even though I love all kinds of music.

The Staves -
My Dad showed me this video over Christmas, and there's something about the harmonies & environment with which they are singing that makes me just want to create. It just takes me to a calmer place.

Birdy - Shelter
I've always liked this video for the atmosphere & colours.

Florence & The Machine - What Kind of Man & Lover to Lover
I feel like I like these videos for similar reasons. Florence is my favourite musician, and I think it's because her songs feel quite powerful & very feminine. I love the soft but large sound she has, and I like these two videos because again the colours, but they just feel like short poetic stories that capture the songs well. I also love the dancing in What Kind of Man.


London Grammar - Nightcall


Lorde - Yellow Flicker Beat


Lana Del Rey - Blue Jeans


Ralfe Band - Big Head

I've been wanting to make a film around this song for a long time, & I feel almost happy to try & obtain some kind of copyright as I have met the writer so I feel like it's somehow easier? But I find this piece of music really inspiring. If I don't use it, it will be an inspiration for a potential to make my own music, or try to find composers/existing music.

Documentaries 










Films/TV
Pride
Cucumber/Banana/Tofu